Each member must attend or make up at least 50% of club regular meetings in each half of the Rotary Year.
Each member should attend this club's regular meetings. A member shall be counted as attending a regular meeting if the member is present for at least 60 percent of the meeting, or is present and is called away unexpectedly and subsequently produces evidence to the satisfaction of the board that such action was reasonable, or makes up for an absence in any of the following ways:
(a) 14 Days Before or After the Meeting. if within fourteen (14) days before or after the regular time for that meeting, the member:
- attends at least 60 percent of the regular meeting of another club or of a provisional club; or
- attends a regular meeting of Rotaract or Interact Club or Rotary Community Corps; or
- attends a convention of RI, a council on legislation, an international assembly, a Rotary institute for the past and present officers of RI, a Rotary institute for past, present and incoming officers of RI, or any other meeting convened with the approval of the board of directors of RI or the president of RI acting on behalf of the board of directors of RI, a Rotary multizone conference, a meeting of a committee of RI, a Rotary district conference, a Rotary district assembly, any district meeting held by direction of the board of directors of RI, any district committee meetings held by direction of the district governor, or a regularly announced intercity meeting of Rotary club; or
- is present at the usual time and place of a regular meeting of another club for the purpose of attending such meeting, but that club is not meeting at that time or place; or
- attends and participates in a club service project or a club sponsored community event or meeting authorized by the board; or
- attends a board meeting or, if authorized by the board, a meeting of a service committee to which the member is assigned.
SEE MANUAL OF PROCEDURE FOR OTHER ATTENDANCE RULES